- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., has sparred recently with his longtime colleague John Kerry, but dismissed Sen. Ted Cruz’s suggestion Monday that the secretary of state should resign over his reportedly saying Israel was headed toward being an “apartheid” state.
“Resign?” McCain said, chuckling. “Woo. That’s a pretty high bar.”
McCain said his response to Cruz could be described as “Sen. McCain laughed heartily.”
McCain did say an apology might be in order, however.
“If he made that mistake, he should clarify it immediately,” McCain said of Kerry’s reported comments.