- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
“I may be a novice in politics, but I’m not crazy enough to go out on a dead issue that is a year old and condemn [9/11] volunteers,” he said.
Turner and Weprin are squaring off in the Sept. 13 special election to fill the seat of former Rep. Anthony Weiner (D), who resigned earlier this year after an embarrassing scandal over sexual communications with women through social media.
A headline on the Daily News’s website summed up the paper’s opinion of both candidates: “Candidates in [C]ongressional special election are enough to make voters yearn for Anthony Weiner.”