- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Sen. Mark Warner will join like-minded moderates in the House on Wednesday to brief Members about the recently brokered “gang of six” agreement.
The Virginia Democrat, a rising star within moderate circles, will update members of the New Democrat Coalition on the $3.7 trillion deficit reduction outline that has garnered wide support in the Senate but a tepid response in the House.
About 50 Senators from both parties were briefed on the plan Tuesday. Leaders in the Senate cautioned the plan might have come too late to be effective in the ongoing debt limit discussions, but further briefings are nevertheless expected on the House side as Members grasp for a deficit reduction solution that can pass both chambers.
President Barack Obama had kind words for the group’s plan, and the stock market rose in anticipation that the talks might be able to yield a deal.