- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
ALEC is doing its best to turn the scrutiny into an opportunity to self-promote and emphasize its commitment to small government principles.
“We’re always sad to see any member — including Wal-Mart — leave, but on balance our membership across the board has grown over the past year,” said ALEC spokesman Kaitlyn Buss in an email. “While we are disappointed in Wal-Mart’s decision, we understand the unique pressures they are under. However, as we announced in April, ALEC is solely focused on limited government, free-market solutions in the states that create jobs and improve the economy.”
The nonprofit has gained 60 private sector members, she said.