- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
In a GOP with different factions, Walden is expected to be able navigate all of them.
“Members of all stripes in the conference trust him,” Todd said.
And his experience with the NRCC over the past four years appears to leave him well-qualified for the two years ahead.
That Eagle Scout badge both Walden and Sessions earned in their youth is of simple design. It has an eagle with the initials of the Boy Scouts of America; red, white, and blue fabric; and two words: Be Prepared.
After four years at Sessions’ side winning and holding a Republican majority, insiders said Walden will be.