- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
“It has no merit,” said James Bopp Jr., who has won several major cases involving electioneering communications. “The Federal Election Campaign Act is limited to only regulating matters that relate to elections or for the purpose of influencing elections. And they want the disclosure of donors who have utterly nothing to do with elections.”
Bopp said he will consider submitting an amicus brief as the case progresses, but that the lawsuit is currently just a partisan ploy.
“I always assume when incumbent politicians try to use campaign finance laws, that they are seeking to do it for their benefit,” he said, bringing up the fact that Van Hollen is a two-term former Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee chairman.