- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
These are all bipartisan initiatives overwhelmingly embraced by the public, and they save tax dollars. Is it perhaps time to have a Legislator’s Caucus, where members in both parties who just want to get something done can come together with ideas like these? Concentrating on “second tier” issues that don’t have to be controversial or expensive would have significant effect.
Who knows? Working together to get something done might become habit-forming.
Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., is a member of the Ways and Means and Budget committees.