- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
These are all bipartisan initiatives overwhelmingly embraced by the public, and they save tax dollars. Is it perhaps time to have a Legislator’s Caucus, where members in both parties who just want to get something done can come together with ideas like these? Concentrating on “second tier” issues that don’t have to be controversial or expensive would have significant effect.
Who knows? Working together to get something done might become habit-forming.
Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., is a member of the Ways and Means and Budget committees.