- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
But Heller said a job training deal would help to reinforce that argument that the Senate-passed jobless aid bill would restructure assistance by requiring long-term unemployment workers to get assessments and referrals to jobs and job training.
David Baime, senior vice president of government for the American Association of Community Colleges, said his group and other job training providers had made the case in recent months for completion of a WIA reauthorization. “We are aching for action on this. Negotiations appear to be very advanced. We are hopeful that they can be concluded soon,” he said.