- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
"It was yet another indication that lawmakers, who are working hard to be hip to social media, haven't quite mastered the nuances of communications in an electronic age," the Sunlight Foundation's Kathryn Lucero wrote of these recent incidents. "Social media has helped congressional offices connect with constituents. ... But the easy access to these new media platforms, like Twitter, has led many elected officials to impulsively blurt out their opinion regarding campaign-related matters."
Correction: 10:15 a.m.