- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Medicare’s long-standing policy of paying for more frequent, medically justified hemodialysis treatments supports keeping patients on HHD, but until this is coupled with adequate payment for upfront training, access to HHD will continue to be limited and the clear intent of Congress will not be fulfilled.
I hope we can count on our elected officials to do the right thing and tell Medicare that current policy must change to make HHD more accessible. Only then will ESRD patients truly have the opportunity to choose the therapy option that they — and their doctors — think is best for them.
Joe Turk is president of North America at NxStage Medical Inc.