- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
As Lane talked with another Tune Inn regular, James Forward, the two went back and forth sharing the memories that the bar holds: the cancer fundraisers that have been held here, the many meals they’ve eaten here, the staff they have seen come and go.
They then pointed out the familiar faces serving up drinks and food, including some staffers who came over from the old Hawk ’n’ Dove.
“We’re all home again,” Lane said.
Just a couple of seats down was a Capitol staffer, downing his National Bohemian and waiting for his burger and fries to arrive.
He skipped work today to make sure he didn’t miss the Tune Inn’s reopening. The bar has been his favorite since he started working on the Hill a few years ago.
“I’ll be here all day, probably,” he said. “There’s no replacement for this place.”