- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Akin’s expected announcement cleared two potential Senate candidates from the field — former Ambassador Ann Wagner and attorney Ed Martin instead opted to run for his open House seat in a redrawn 2nd district. They may face Rep. Russ Carnahan (D-Mo.), whose district was essentially eliminated in redistricting. Census numbers left the Show Me State with one less Congressional seat, beginning in January 2013.
Roll Call Politics rates the Missouri Senate race a Tossup.