- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
Akin’s expected announcement cleared two potential Senate candidates from the field — former Ambassador Ann Wagner and attorney Ed Martin instead opted to run for his open House seat in a redrawn 2nd district. They may face Rep. Russ Carnahan (D-Mo.), whose district was essentially eliminated in redistricting. Census numbers left the Show Me State with one less Congressional seat, beginning in January 2013.
Roll Call Politics rates the Missouri Senate race a Tossup.