- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
The House will consider a bill to direct visas to foreign graduates of American universities with doctorate or master’s degrees in science, technology, engineering and math. The measure would abolish a diversity lottery program and redirect those 55,000 visas to highly skilled immigrants.
The Senate is expected to resume consideration of amendments to the fiscal 2013 defense authorization bill.
A House Science, Space and Technology panel meets to consider research and development for U.S. energy.House
Convenes at 9 a.m. for legislative business.
First and last votes expected: 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
HR 6429 — Directing more visas to highly skilled immigrantsSenate
Convenes at 9:15 a.m.
Roll call votes are expected.
S 3254 — Defense authorizationHearing
House Science, Space and Technology Subcommittee on Energy and Environment hearing on energy research and development. 9:30 a.m., 2318 Rayburn