- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
The Senate proceeds to the debt limit suspension legislation. The chamber expects to vote on amendments, a motion to commit and then passage of the bill.
The House is in recess.Senate
Convenes at 9:30 a.m.
Roll call votes expected.
HR 325 — Debt limit suspension legislationMarkup
Judiciary marks up pending legislation and votes on U.S. circuit court nominations. 10 a.m., 226 DirksenHearings
Armed Services holds a confirmation hearing on the nomination of former Sen. Chuck Hagel to be secretary of Defense. 9:30 a.m., G-50 Dirksen
Health, Education, Labor and Pensions holds a hearing on pension savings. 10 a.m., 430 Dirksen
Environment and Public Works holds a hearing on the Harbor Maintenance Trust Fund. 10 a.m., 406 Dirksen
Judiciary meets to organize for the 113th Congress. 10 a.m., 226 Dirksen
Intelligence holds a closed hearing on pending intelligence matters. 2:30 p.m., 219 HartHouse
Not in session.