- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
In the Senate, John Kerry, D-Mass., gives his farewell address at 2:30 p.m. as he departs for his new role as secretary of State. The Senate expects to complete action on the debt limit legislation (HR 325) before the end of the week.
The House is in recess.Senate
Convenes at 9:30 a.m.Hearing
Judiciary holds a hearing on gun violence. Witnesses include Americans for Responsible Solutions co-founder Mark Kelly, husband of former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., who was the victim of gun violence in January 2011, and National Rifle Association Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre. 10 a.m., 216 HartHouse
Not in session.