- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
The House begins consideration of a bill that would provide disaster aid for damage caused by Superstorm Sandy. Members also will read the Constitution aloud.
The Senate is in recess until 11:30 a.m. Jan. 21 for a joint session for the inauguration. Legislative business resumes at 10 a.m. Jan. 22.House
Convenes at 10 a.m. for legislative business.
First votes expected: 1:30-2 p.m. Last votes expected: 7-8 p.m.
Subject to a rule:
HR 152 — Sandy disaster reliefHearings
House Armed Services meets to organize and adopt committee rules for the 113th Congress. 11:30 a.m., 2118 Rayburn
House Foreign Affairs meets to organize and adopt committee rules for the 113th Congress. 3 p.m., 2172 RayburnSenate
Not in session.