- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
The Senate begins consideration of a bill to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act. The measure would renew a 1994 domestic violence law that expired in September 2011.
The House will consider a trio of health-care-related measures under suspension of the rules.House
Convenes at 2 p.m. for legislative business.
Votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Under suspension of the rules
HR 297 — Support for graduate medical education programs in children’s hospitals
HR 235 — Grants for veterans with emergency medical training to become EMTs
HR 225 — National Pediatric Research NetworkSenate
Convenes at 2 p.m.
Roll call vote expected
S 47 — Violence Against Women ActMarkup
House Rules considers rule for floor debate on a draft bill that would require the president to estimate when the federal budget will be balanced. Feb. 4, 5 p.m., H-313 Capitol