- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
- Party's History of Establishment Picks Could Be Over
And for the more than 20 million veterans in this country — many of whom, like me, are living with disabilities — it’s especially grievous that a lobbying group would act against the best interests of those who have sacrificed so deeply for our country.
During this week — the celebration of the sacrifices that so many people have made for our great American democratic experiment — I look forward to the parades and watermelon and VFW cookouts. And I always will.
But I also look forward to the day that all Americans — regardless of physical ability, military service or any other factor — are able to fully celebrate the day, without that twinge of sadness and without feeling like a second-class citizen. That’s what I served my country for and that’s what I continue to work toward every day of my life.
Paul Tobin is president and CEO of the United Spinal Association.