- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
“We’ve been hearing dessert, yes,” he said of the rising chorus of those craving something sweet at the end of the evening. “We should be offering some sort of sweet item very regularly by the end of the month,” Ingwell projected.
He said Sunday brunch should follow shortly thereafter (tentative rollout is May25). And Fleming is developing more audacious creations, including a fonduta featuring stuffed gnocchi with rabbit carnitas poised to debut May 15.
Still, Fleming believes the ultimate goal is to preserve that “nice warm feeling” of walking into your neighborhood pub. “We didn’t want to lose that bar identity,” he said of the abiding mission.
So far, so great.
Food Court is an ongoing series of semi-regular spot checks of new and evolving eateries with ties to Capitol Hill.
Barrel 613 Pennsylvania Ave. SE; 202-543-3622; barreldc.com.
Average entree: under $12 ($). Open for dinner and late-night dining daily.