- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Capitol Police quickly investigated and cleared a suspicious package in Sen. Jeff Sessions’ office.
The “unattended box” in an office of the Alabama Republican’s suite in the Russell Senate Office Building was given the all clear shortly after 2 p.m. Thursday.
Capitol Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider said the box ended up containing “books and paper.”
Loudspeaker announcements first alerted staffers and visitors of the incident shortly after 1:30 p.m.
As officers investigated the situation, they cordoned off the hallway leading to room 324.
Sessions, told to leave during the investigation, returned to his office around 2:10 p.m.