- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
I urge Congress to listen to the stories of real students out there who will suffer if interest rates double. If they heard our stories, they’d know that some of us are worrying that we won’t be able to stay in school. Some of us are concerned that our siblings will have to pay way more for college than we are right now. Because of this, our parents are worried about our abilities to get the training that we need for jobs if we’re burdened with thousands of extra dollars when we graduate.
With just days to go, time is running out and my future is on the line. Congress should extend current rates before the clock runs out.
Sampson Armstrong III is an 18-year-old rising sophomore from Fort Washington, Md. He attends Howard University.