- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
We urge House leadership to bring the package of immigration reform bills, especially the SKILLS Visa Act, to the floor for a final vote. Immigration reform is critical for the U.S. to maintain our competitive advantage. We need a system that rewards talent and innovation and places the right value on skill. Our immigration laws must bolster our ability to attract and retain the best minds and to build the most innovative and successful businesses. This should be a fundamental tenet of the strategy for our competitive future.
Gary Shapiro is president and CEO of the Consumer Electronics Association and author of the New York Times best-selling books “Ninja Innovation: The Ten Killer Strategies of the World’s Most Successful Businesses” and “The Comeback: How Innovation Will Restore the American Dream.”