- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
Third-term Rep. Steve Cohen (D), who represents Tennessee's majority-minority Memphis-based 9th Congressional district, will face an African-American primary challenger.
Tomeka Hart, president of the Memphis Urban League and a member of the city's school board, told the Memphis Flyer this week that she would be filing to run for Congress.
Cohen, who won the general election in 2010 with 74 percent of the vote, handily beat former Memphis Mayor Willie Herenton, who is African-American, in the Democratic primary last cycle. In 2008, he beat Nikki Tinker, an African-American challenger in the primary, by a 5-1 margin.