- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
In a letter to Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., they write, “Congress owes it to the dedicated civil servants who were slain in the line of service to redouble its efforts to safeguard the dedicated men and women of our civil service.”
The leaders of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee weighed in on their oversight responsibility in the wake of the Navy Yard incident.
“In particular, our committee needs to take a closer look at the background check process for individuals applying for security clearances, whether they are contractors or federal employees, and we need to examine what the oversight process is once an individual obtains a security clearance,” Carper said. “We also want to look at the process for gaining access privileges to secure facilities, such as the Navy Yard.”