- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
“We look at those as overwhelming numbers to try to counter,” the aide said. “That’s like going up Mount Everest on a Segway.”
The comment, of course, could be an attempt to set low expectations in the unlikely event that circumstances allow Republicans to compete in the special election. That was the case, only in reverse, when Democratic Rep. Kathy Hochul scored a stunning victory in the Empire State’s most recent special election, a three-way contest in western New York last month.