- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
“We look at those as overwhelming numbers to try to counter,” the aide said. “That’s like going up Mount Everest on a Segway.”
The comment, of course, could be an attempt to set low expectations in the unlikely event that circumstances allow Republicans to compete in the special election. That was the case, only in reverse, when Democratic Rep. Kathy Hochul scored a stunning victory in the Empire State’s most recent special election, a three-way contest in western New York last month.