- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
If Sri Lanka can successfully address the underlying causes of tension that sparked the decades’ long ethnic conflict — discrimination, fear and violence — and begin in earnest efforts to advance reconciliation and accountability, the United States will regain a key, truly democratic partner in a region of increasing geopolitical importance.
But we must continue to purposefully and dynamically engage with the government of Sri Lanka for a return to peaceful stability. It’s time to start putting forth concrete solutions to help Sri Lanka reach the goals necessary to move the country forward.