- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Nationally, ACHP member organizations promote evidence-based practice, engage patients in their care and align incentives with providers to ensure our Medicare patients get the right care when and where they need it.
Is the Star Ratings program perfect? Of course not, but it is a good start. We are eager to work with Congress and other interested stakeholders to improve the Star Ratings system and to create quality measurement systems and metrics that measure across the Medicare program.
We strongly believe that driving value and high quality through quality measurement should be the centerpiece of needed change to Medicare. We cannot afford anything less.
Patricia Smith is president and CEO of the Alliance of Community Health Plans. Dr. Michael W. Cropp is president and CEO of Independent Health of Buffalo, N.Y., chairman of the ACHP board of directors and a board-certified family physician.