- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
Levin has introduced the Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act, which would raise $220 billion over 10 years by significantly curbing corporate tax avoidance offshore. Both the Murray and Levin proposals invest the recovered revenue in lowering our debt and invigorating our economy.
Members of Congress on both sides of the aisle agree that small business is the engine of our nation’s prosperity. We create almost two-thirds of all new private sector jobs. Unlike multinational corporations, many with only a tenuous connection to their nation of origin, we represent the American community. In the current budget negotiations, Congress should stand up for small businesses by asking large corporations to pay their fair share of taxes.
John Arensmeyer is founder and CEO of Small Business Majority, an advocacy group founded and run by small-business owners to focus on solving the biggest problems facing small businesses today.