- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
First-term Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) raised more than $1.5 million in the second quarter and had $3.5 million in cash on hand at the end of June, Ohio Democratic Party spokesman Justin Barasky told Roll Call on Wednesday.
Brown faces the winner of the GOP primary. Candidates include state Treasurer Josh Mandel — who recently picked up endorsements from Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) and the Club for Growth — and former state Sen. Kevin Coughlin.
Brown unseated Republican Sen. Mike DeWine with 56 percent of the vote in 2006.
Roll Call Politics rates the Ohio Senate race Leans Democratic.