- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
In the first quarter of 2012, Senate Democratic incumbents Claire McCaskill (Mo.), Amy Klobuchar (Minn.) and Debbie Stabenow (Mich.) raised $2.3 million, $1 million and $1.5 million, respectively. Senate candidates Elizabeth Warren, running in Massachusetts; Rep. Tammy Baldwin, seeking a seat in Wisconsin; and Mazie Hirono, running in Hawaii, raised $6.9 million, $2 million and more than $1 million, respectively.
Senate Republicans are clearly sensitive to the narrative. Their pocket cards explicitly cite statistics on women, such as that the “Poverty rate for women is at a 17-year high” and “567,000 fewer women working today than when Obama took office,” for Members to relay to voters.