- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
However, Durbin did not dispute the Texan’s contention that the legislation is unlikely to receive a vote this year or next. The Majority Whip blamed the likelihood of a Republican filibuster for the unclear legislative path of the DOMA repeal. Durbin, who voted in favor of DOMA when it originally passed, said he now regrets that vote.
“I voted for DOMA. I believe that I was wrong,” the Illinois Democrat said. “My views on the subject have changed.”