- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
The panel adopted, without objection, a Leahy substitute amendment that adds provisions to ban the transfer of multiple guns when there is a “reasonable cause to believe” the recipient’s possession of the firearm would violate a federal law punishable by more than a year in prison.
Also adopted, without objection, was a Grassley amendment to prohibit Justice Department operations from selling firearms to straw purchasers unless top officials sign off and safeguards are in place to stop firearms from being transferred to third parties without law enforcement “taking reasonable steps” to interdict them.