- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) on Tuesday evening said that President Barack Obama forced Senate Democrats’ hand on the bill after he came out in favor of the House measure, where it passed overwhelmingly, 390-23.
Asked whether it was a mistake for Obama to so quickly endorse the House bill, Landrieu said, “I do think it was.
“It should have gone through committee,” Landrieu added.
Reid had intended to have the Senate Banking Committee draft its own version but decided to move the House package after Obama’s endorsement and a barrage of criticism from House and Senate Republicans who urged quick passage.