- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) on Tuesday evening said that President Barack Obama forced Senate Democrats’ hand on the bill after he came out in favor of the House measure, where it passed overwhelmingly, 390-23.
Asked whether it was a mistake for Obama to so quickly endorse the House bill, Landrieu said, “I do think it was.
“It should have gone through committee,” Landrieu added.
Reid had intended to have the Senate Banking Committee draft its own version but decided to move the House package after Obama’s endorsement and a barrage of criticism from House and Senate Republicans who urged quick passage.