- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“It’s an example of a measure that is supported by Republicans and Democrats and the president that we believe will clear the House with a very large majority,” McConnell said. “I think the sooner we pass that here in the Senate and send it down to the president for signature, the better.”
Reid said he plans to try to move a Senate version of small-business bills and plans to go to conference.
“The House bill is not perfect, and we are going to try to do something here to match and get to conference and get this done,” Reid said.
Looking ahead after passage of the transportation bill, Reid said he plans to try to confirm about 12 judges and hopes to bring up either a postal reform bill or cybersecurity legislation.