- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
Though Schumer serves on Finance, he has largely been caught up as the partyís top messenger. His speech struck some aides as an attempt to move away from the role of partisan attack dog at a time when such rhetoric may be less useful in sensitive bipartisan talks. Schumerís pitch in October went squarely against Durbinís gang of six framework, and he argued that the construct they were operating under would not result in a net increase in tax revenue.