- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
- Ad Man Scott Howell Back At It After Cardiac Arrest
Senators began their August recess on Tuesday evening, with the next roll call vote coming Sept. 6.
The House broke for recess Monday night, but neither chamber officially adjourned.
Before departing, Senators confirmed more than two dozen nominations by unanimous consent, including Gen. Martin Dempsey to be chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
The Senate meets nine times for pro forma session during the recess. When it reconvenes, the chamber will vote on a judicial nomination and on cloture for a House-passed patent overhaul bill.