- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
Snowe and Collins, who voted for Bacharach, also have a home-state judge in the pipeline: William Kayatta Jr., who has been nominated for a seat on the 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. Kayatta is a nationally recognized trial lawyer who also maintains an active appellate practice. The Judiciary Committee approved his nomination in the spring.
They had hoped to confirm Bacharach in an effort to get Kayatta’s nomination to the floor.