- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“House Republicans’ bill is a partisan joke that has no chance of passing the Senate,” Reid continued. “Instead of playing political games, Congress should work to find common ground. In the days ahead, I intend to do exactly that.”
As the bickering continues, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) warned Members today that they should prepare for a weekend session. He had already cautioned that the chamber may have to work next weekend.
And Obama, in a rare and brief question-and-answer session with reporters, threatened Christmas.
“I do not expect Congress to go home unless the payroll tax cut is extended and unless unemployment insurance is extended. It would be wrong for families, but it also would be wrong for the economy as a whole,” Obama said.