- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
“I’d like to put it anywhere I can. I plan to be opportunistic about places where we can get this to pass,” Whitehouse said. “It may be a little bit too late in those discussions, I don’t know, but certainly this is going to be a continuing issue through this year.”
He added that the importance of the issue is underscored by the expiration at the end of the year of the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts implemented by President George W. Bush.
“The end of the Bush tax cuts is going to light up this issue as we close in on Jan 1, 2013, so I think there will be other opportunities if we don’t get it in this” payroll tax extension package, he said.