- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
“We will never be able to calculate the losses in time and money due to these closures,” she continued. “However, we must use this experience to develop a plan for detailed consultation for all street closures except routine motorcades. My staff will meet with the city and Secret Service to ensure a satisfactory plan is developed.”
Norton used the traffic fiasco to push for a bill she is sponsoring to establish a “United States Commission on an Open Society with Security,” which could investigate best practices to achieve the necessary balance between openness and security.
She has also called on the National Park Service and the Secret Service to develop a traffic control plan with the pending permanent shutdown of E Street behind the White House.