- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
GOP leadership has removed Rep. David Schweikert from his spot on the Financial Services Committee for bucking the party line too often.
The Arizona Republican’s spokeswoman confirmed he was removed from the committee. A person close to the situation said Schweikert was told that “his votes were not in lock step with leadership” as the reason for his ouster.
A spokesman for Speaker John A. Boehner, R-Ohio, did not immediately return a request for comment.