- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
GOP leadership has removed Rep. David Schweikert from his spot on the Financial Services Committee for bucking the party line too often.
The Arizona Republican’s spokeswoman confirmed he was removed from the committee. A person close to the situation said Schweikert was told that “his votes were not in lock step with leadership” as the reason for his ouster.
A spokesman for Speaker John A. Boehner, R-Ohio, did not immediately return a request for comment.