- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
GOP leadership has removed Rep. David Schweikert from his spot on the Financial Services Committee for bucking the party line too often.
The Arizona Republican’s spokeswoman confirmed he was removed from the committee. A person close to the situation said Schweikert was told that “his votes were not in lock step with leadership” as the reason for his ouster.
A spokesman for Speaker John A. Boehner, R-Ohio, did not immediately return a request for comment.