- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Phyllis Schlafly, a conservative icon who has railed against the feminist movement for decades, has endorsed Rep. Michele Bachmann’s presidential campaign.
In a statement reported by the Des Moines Register, Schlafly said Bachmann is courageous and a “real champion in speaking up for values we care about.”
Schlafly has long been complimentary of the Minnesota Republican’s candidacy.
Bachmann has called Schlafly her “mentor” and a “heroine.”
“As a young bride and a young mother I read faithfully the Phyllis Schlafly Report. She was my lifeline to what was happening in the world,” Bachmann said on a tea party radio program broadcast in Iowa in July. “She truly is the mother of the modern conservative movement. ... I think she is the most important woman in the United States in the last 100 years.”
Bachmann added that Schlafly is “the person that I hope to be someday.”