- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
- Party's History of Establishment Picks Could Be Over
“In a way, I’m giving back too — I care about our country and I’m part of the process,” she added.
And the grueling schedule and dedication to her job pay off when she sees that she’s passed her own work ethic to her daughters, the same way her mother and grandmother inspired her to go into public service, she said.
At a recent career day in school, her 10-year-old daughter expressed a desire to “maybe get into politics like Mom.”
“It made me very proud,” Rubin said.
And that’s what it all comes down to for her.
“Faith, family and pursuing something that makes you happy.”
Send news of hires and promotions on Capitol Hill to firstname.lastname@example.org.