- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
Although suspending the defense cuts by themselves is not an option under serious consideration, defense hawks such as McKeon will likely be much more flexible on what they would trade to eliminate the cuts, leading to tension within the Republican Conference.
In particular, as Jordan said, the right flank of the party didn’t vote for the debt ceiling deal or believe the super committee would work to keep the sequestration cuts from happening.
Some of those conservatives are “baffled at how some of the Members most vocal in calling for a turnoff of the sequester are ones who voted to put the sequester into law in the first place,” the second GOP aide said.