- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Sen. Ron Johnson (Wis.) has picked up three more Member endorsements in his bid for Republican Conference vice chairman, aides confirmed this afternoon.
Supporting Johnson over Sen. Roy Blunt (Mo.) in Tuesday’s scheduled vote will be Budget ranking member Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.); Banking ranking member Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) and Sen. Dan Coats (R-Ind.). Johnson now has 14 backers who have gone public with their support. The winner will need the support of at least 24 of 47 GOP Senators.
Coats will be one of two Senators to deliver a nominating speech for Johnson when the Republican Conference gathers on Capitol Hill for leadership elections during its weekly Conference lunch. The vote is conducted by secret ballot.