- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
Sen. Ron Johnson (Wis.) has picked up three more Member endorsements in his bid for Republican Conference vice chairman, aides confirmed this afternoon.
Supporting Johnson over Sen. Roy Blunt (Mo.) in Tuesday’s scheduled vote will be Budget ranking member Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.); Banking ranking member Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) and Sen. Dan Coats (R-Ind.). Johnson now has 14 backers who have gone public with their support. The winner will need the support of at least 24 of 47 GOP Senators.
Coats will be one of two Senators to deliver a nominating speech for Johnson when the Republican Conference gathers on Capitol Hill for leadership elections during its weekly Conference lunch. The vote is conducted by secret ballot.