- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Looming over the cybersecurity negotiations this year has been the possibility that the White House will issue an executive order implementing some key provisions from Lieberman’s bill. Administration officials, along with both opponents and supporters of the Senate bill, agree that such action wouldn’t be a perfect solution, as it would lack some of the liability protections for companies that share threat information, which only legislation can provide. McCaul said, however, that an executive order would be understandable.
“I don’t blame the White House for acting, because Congress failed,” he said.